- you have a bachelors degree
- 2-4 years in administrative and project support role (experience at a startup strongly preferred)
- experience with scrum project management
- experience with heavy calendaring (in google calendar) for multiple team members and advisory board
- stellar written and verbal communication skills
- experience managing projects through to completion
- ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- ability to make on-the-spot judgements without sacrificing quality
- track record of consistently going above and beyond
- have strong Google Apps experience
- assist with on-boarding contractors and employees
- thrives on taking care of things the right way the first time
- you get excited when you know you made someone’s day easier
- you have a sense of humor
- great communication skills, positive attitude and can work across a spectrum of personalities
Why Open mHealth?
- we are working with developers and clinical experts to unlock the potential of digital health tools (like Fitbit, Jawbone, etc.) and making them meaningful in the clinical environment.
- we want to enable others to tell a person’s health story with data
- we build tools that make the lives of developers easier to be able to access digital health data with the right clinical context
- we’re a non-profit that acts like a startup
- everything we do is out in the open and for the world to enjoy
- even though we’re a small organization, everyone on our team is passionate about improving health care through better data
- our team spans the world. we have staff in California, Texas, New York, Vermont, and Germany.
- our international team embody the point that that we do has no boundaries and borders and can be meaningful to any health system and toolmaker around the world.
- we have great benefits including: health/dental/vision, 403b, a csa box stipend and healthy activities stipend
Open mHealth is an “at-will”, equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment matters because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
About the role
While most of our team is remote, this role will be based out of our NYC office (nwc.co) with the Executive Director. if you you’re working at Open mHealth, here are some of the things you would have done in the few weeks before the holidays:
- work with coworking space (nwc.co) to resolve payment terms
- sent 25 handwritten thank you notes to partners and funders
- helped plan advisory board meeting
- get staff to turn in expenses before the year’s end
- worked with executive director to project expenses to the end of Q2’2015
- proof-read advisory board book
- help team get travel together for team retreat in San Francisco in late January
- begin finding a few venues to host retreat
- took notes during various discussions across the team and uploading them to shared team meeting notes
- input status of tasks and deliverables into project management software
- researched the latest digital health companies and sent them an email introducing them to Open mHealth
- paid a few bills
Here are some other things you might do:
- assist with scheduling recurring meetings and take minutes/notes, disseminate notes, and update dashboards for team meetings
- basic event planning for team events
- travel to organizational events and retreats
- prepare weekly and monthly expense reports for team
- check-in occasionally with partners via phone/email
- stay on top of things that were promised (either by others or by us internally) but haven’t been delivered
- coordinate special projects as needed
- handle basic issues with our fiduciary sponsor, the Tides Center
- comprehensive support to the Executive Director
- prepare and review presentations and correspondence, including materials for Board meetings
- serve as the face of Open mHealth on behalf of your leads and help them get acquainted with Open mHealth
If this job sounds like something you’d love to do every day, we definitely want to hear from you.
How to apply
If you feel like you’re a great fit for the job, we would love to hear from you. Fill out this application.
We look forward to hearing from you.