What clinicians care about
- Current weight: clinicians want to immediately see the patient's current or most recent weight
- BMI: in addition to current weight, clinicians want to see the BMI; this requires that you also have the patient's height.
- Consider placing less emphasis on a single 'goal,' or making the goal optional; specific weight goals are not right for every patient.
- The overall visual trend will likely be more important than the ability to dive into every single data point.
- Use colors and weights to help indicate where there is and is not data on the graph
To experiment with the code that rendered this graph, check out this JSFiddle
BACK TO VISUALIZATION LIBRARY