What clinicians care about
- Average over time period: heart rate is extremely variable, that the average is more helpful to clinicians than trying to identify each peak and valley
- Highest and lowest value over a time period : it is secondarily helpful to see the patient's high and low over a given time period.
- Think about placing more emphasis on the average than on exploration of each peak and valley on the graph.
- A 'goal' will likely not be relevant for heart rate
- Use colors and weights to help indicate where there is and is not data on the graph
To experiment with the code that rendered this graph, check out this JSFiddle
BACK TO VISUALIZATION LIBRARY