Data Integration Training: Syllabus
Detailed course outline
This outline gives you an idea of specifically what will be covered during this training. The training answers the following questions:
What the mobile health landscape looks like
- What types of mobile health data are currently available?
- Who makes that data available? How many users do they have? What kinds of devices do they make? How much they charge?
- How accurate is that data?
What to expect when integrating
- How long does it takes to integrate with one provider? How does that scale for many providers?
- How much does it cost to integrate?
- What skills and expertise does your team need?
- What are the pitfalls of an integration and how can you navigate around them?
- What tools are available to help you integrate quickly?
How to access mobile health data from an API
- What does health data from these APIs look like?
- How does getting data from a health API differ from a typical API?
- What are good ways ways to handle identification, authentication and authorization?
- How do you address cross-cutting concerns like pagination, rate-limiting, and error conditions?
- How do you quickly make sense of API documentation?
How to put that data into your system
- How can you manage third-party credentials?
- How do you keep data on your systems in sync with APIs?
- What are common ways to deduplicate mobile health data?
- How can you remain highly-available in the face of API changes?
These learning objectives provide an overview of what learners will be able to do after this training. Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify the ways that mobile health data could be valuable for them
- Choose the best APIs to meet their needs
- Evaluate the costs and resources required to integrate mobile health data
- Identify the tools that will help integrate mobile health data
- Access and integrate digital health data from major mobile health platforms
- Navigate the challenges and common pitfalls that arise when integrating