What clinicians care about
- Current weight: clinicians want to immediately see the patient's current or most recent weight
- BMI: in addition to current weight, clinicians want to see the BMI; this requires that you also have the patient's height.
- Consider placing less emphasis on a single 'goal,' or making the goal optional; specific weight goals are not right for every patient.
- The overall visual trend will likely be more important than the ability to dive into every single data point.
- Use colors and weights to help indicate where there is and is not data on the graph
Graph example (Scroll to zoom)
Below is an interactive graph that illustrates a few of the principles outlined above.
To experiment with the code that rendered this graph, check out this JSFiddle
BACK TO VISUALIZATION LIBRARY